The Search Relevance Conference!
Created and organised by OpenSource Connections
Haystack USA 2023 - Week of 24th April
Haystack US 2023 was held in Charlottesville the week of 24th April, here was our plan for a week of search fun - thanks for coming! Slides and videos are being published over the next few weeks, find them on the individual talk pages linked from the schedule.
- Start with an informal Search Meetup at the Center for Open Science the evening of Monday 24th April (register here)
- Main conference days Tuesday 25th & Wednesday 26th April:
- Click here for our talk schedule featuring speakers from AWS OpenSearch, Getty Images, Elsevier Health & more
- Conference Dinner Tuesday 25th (included in your ticket)
- Birds of a Feather Dinners Wednesday 26th (sign up when you buy your ticket):
- "Measuring Search Quality" sponsored by OpenSource Connections, hosted by Eric Pugh
- "Using Vector Databases" sponsored by Weaviate, hosted by Byron Voorbach & Erika Cardenas
- "Search Relevancy & OpenSearch" sponsored by Bonsai & OpenSearch Project, hosted by Joel Martens
- "Hoptimizing Relevance: Dinner and Brews Hosted by Pinecone" with Amanda Wagner at South Street Brewing
- Stay in town for training, hacking & a free co-working space Thursday 27th April:
- A new training course on Understanding Search Result Quality to run Thursday 27th and the morning of Friday 28th
- Free Search Hackday on Thursday 27th – come and work in a group on some shared search problems
- If you just need a space to work we’ll provide somewhere on Thursday 27th with WiFi and company
- Social event on Friday 28th April (a tour of local wineries that you can book yourself, bring friends & family perhaps)
We’re also running regular Haystack LIVE Meetups featuring talks on search and relevance - and you can submit a talk here.
Haystack is the conference for improving search relevance. If you're like us, you work to understand the shiny new tools or dense academic papers out there that promise the moon. Then you puzzle how to apply those insights to your search problem, in your search stack. But the path isn't always easy, and the promised gains don't always materialize.
Haystack is the conference for organizations where search, matching, and relevance really matters to the bottom line. For search managers, developers, relevance engineers & data scientists finding ways to innovate, see past the silver bullets, and share what actually has worked well for their unique problems. Please come share and learn!