Haystack EU 2023
- Hotels & Accomodationn
- Venue & Local Area Information
- Getting to the venue
Hotels & Accomodation
At the Victor's Residenz-Hotel Tegel we have reserved a number of hotel rooms including breakfast at the fixed rate of 168,00€ per night. From the hotel it's a 15 minutes walk to our venue or 10 minutes by public transport. An Upgrade to a double room is available at the rate of 20€ per night. Underground car parking is available at 15€ per night and car.
To book a room you can either:
- Call +49 30 457970 and give the keyword "Haystack"
- Send an email with the keyword "Haystack"
- Use this link
Another hotel option is Hotel Osloer Straße but we don't have a reserved block there.
Venue & Local Area Information
TUECHTIG is a venue and co-working space with a focus on accessibility. Therefore, all rooms used during Haystack are accessible by wheel chair. It is located in Osram-Höfe, a former lightbulb factory, in Berlin’s Wedding and easily accessible by public transport. TUECHTIG also has bike parking available.
Things to see, do & eat in the area
The district of Wedding was in 2019 named the "fourth coolest neighbourhood on the planet" by TimeOut magazine and is regarded as one of the up and coming places in Berlin by locals. Located in the north of the city it offers plenty of bars, cafés and restaurants. Here are some of the favourites of the Plain Schwarz team:
- Best place for pizza: Stranero – Liebenwalder Straße 11, 13347 Berlin
- Great Korean food: Sam Yuk Gu – Seestraße 71, 13347 Berlin
- Chic café in a renovated, former crematorium: MARS – Gerichtstraße 35, 13347 Berlin
- Brewery pub in former factory building: Vagabund Kesselhaus – Oudenarder Straße 16-20, 13347 Berlin
- For friends of whisky, darts and football: Offside – Jülicher Straße 4, 13357 Berlin
- Relaxed place for cocktails: Basalt – Utrechter Straße 38, 13347 Berlin
- Insider tip for amazing beer and quaint bar: Eschenbräu – Triftstraße 67, 13353 Berlin
- Café Pförtner (the one with the bus, if you remember Haystack EU 2019!) – Uferstraße 8-11, 13357 Berlin
- Dujardin – same street as Café Pförtner, nice café/bar with good drinks and relaxed vibe – Uferstraße 12, 13357 Berlin
- Rebel Room – good burger place just down the road from TUECHTIG – Seestraße 93, 13347 Berlin (near U-Bahn station Seestraße)
- Dan Thai Food – the tiniest Thai restaurant you can imagine, but a real highlight: Reinickendorfer Straße 96, 13347 Berlin
- UMI x Gendai No Kaishaku – very good asian fusion kitchen: modern, funky looking - there's a bus going straight there (120/220 to Hauptbahnhof/Leopoldplatz, get on at Holländerstraße/Aroser Allee & get out at "Türkenstraße") or it's 15min on foot
- Or (at about the same distance but in the other direction and without the convenient bus) Lalibela, a superb Ethiopian restaurant: Soldiner Straße 41, 13359 Berlin
If you are interested in architecture and urban planning, you also might want to have a look at Schillerpark Housing Estate (built 1924-1930) and White City (built 1929-1931). There is also plenty to see below ground: Take a tour with Berliner Unterwelten and explore caverns, air-raid shelters, disused railway tunnels, derelict brewery vaults and other places the public normally has no access to. Many tours start at their main office at Gesundbrunnen: Brunnenstraße 105, 13355 Berlin.
Getting to the venue
Travelling to Germany
Train travel to Berlin is easy from any part of Germany and from most of Europe - and it's much more carbon conscious than flying! OSC's Marketing Director Charlie Hull often takes the train from London St Pancras, via Brussels on the Eurostar and then via Köln (Cologne). The The Man in Seat 61 has been his guide to this and many other European train trips. In some cases he has used an Interrail pass which can work out cheaper if you are booking late or intend to take other train trips around the same time.
For travel within Germany, Deutsche Bahn's website is helpful and you can reserve seats here if you need to (for example when using an Interrail pass). We also have a special discounted ticket for the event:
Discounted Train Tickets
Get there relaxed – travel CO2-free. Your Deutsche Bahn Event Ticket at a fixed price throughout Germany. From any DB station to our event, with the City-Ticket included.
- Event Ticket one-way and specific train (subject to availability):
- 1st class 84,90 € (seat reservation incl.)
- 2nd class 51,90 €
- Event Ticket one-way and fully flexible:
- 1st class 106,90 € (seat reservation incl.)
- 2nd class 72,90 €
Book online now and get the lowest price for your preferred route – guaranteed. For technical questions, please contact the service number +49 (0) 30 58 60 20 901. Create the perfect start for your sustainable event: Make active use of your journey to work or just relax and enjoy the high-speed travel experience – with 100 % renewable power on regional- and long-distance services.
Public Transport in Berlin
TUECHTIG is located in Berlin Wedding, at Oudenarder Str. 16, 13347 Berlin. You can easily reach it using public transportation:
- Tram lines M13 and 50 stop at Osram-Höfe
- U-Bahn lines U6, U8 and U9 all have stops in the vicinity. The closest one is Seestraße (U6).
- Busses 247 and 327 stop at Nauener Platz, and lines 106 and 120 stop at Seestraße.
For route planning we recommend Öffi (Android) as well as the official BVG-app and route planer (Android & iOS). Furthermore, the BVG website can be used to check all current train and bus connections.
If you're in Berlin for a number of days and don't want to worry about which tickets to buy, you can get a Berlin Welcome Card which covers trams, trains, U-Bahn etc. - some types of this also give you free entry to museums and other attractions.
Walking routes (from tram and metro stops)Route I: Starting at tram stop "Osram-Höfe" - video guide
The starting point is the tram stop "Osram-Höfe" (lines 50 & M13), which is situated on Seestraße at its crossing with Oudenarder Straße and Indische Straße. Cross the road at the traffic lights and follow Oudenarder Straße. The main entrance to the venue "TUECHTIG" is a sliding glass door under an overpass connecting the former factory buildings of Osram Höfe. Step-free access as well as a bike shelter can be found on the back of the building. TUECHTIG is located on the first floor, which you can arrive by elevator (press button "1D") or via the stairs.Route II: Starting at U-Bahn & bus stop "Seestraße" - video guide
The starting point is the crossing of Seestraße and Müllerstraße. You can arrive here by bus (lines 106 & 120), by U-Bahn (line U6) or tram (lines 50 & M13). Follow Seestraße in north-eastern direction until you arrive at Oudenarder Straße where you turn right. The main entrance to the venue "TUECHTIG" is a sliding glass door under an overpass connecting the former factory buildings of Osram Höfe. Step-free access as well as a bike shelter can be found on the back of the building. TUECHTIG is located on the first floor, which you can arrive by elevator (press button "1D") or via the stairs.Route III: Starting at "Victor's Residenz-Hotel" - video guide
Leaving the hotel, turn right and follow Holländerstraße towards Aroser Allee. At the crossing turn left and follow Aroser Allee. While the main road curves to the right, continue straight on on the pavement. After crossing Schwyzer Straße, enter Schillerpark and follow the path. After leaving the park, turn right into Ungarnstraße and then left at Indische Straße. Follow Indische Straße to Seestraße, cross the road at the traffic lights and follow Oudenarder Straße. The main entrance to the venue "TUECHTIG" is a sliding glass door under an overpass connecting the former factory buildings of Osram Höfe. Step-free access as well as a bike shelter can be found on the back of the building. TUECHTIG is located on the first floor, which you can arrive by elevator (press button "1D") or via the stairs.